Sunday, March 01, 2009

birthday month begins!

It's the first day of March! Welcome to birthday month!

I felt like I did so much complaining about softball yesterday that I needed to post some pictures about the good parts of the day. It was still windy as all get out during the good parts, but what are you gonna do?

I think this might have been Jared's favorite part of the whole day. Well, this and the candy. See, this makes it a totally legit parade - there was a fire truck leading it!



Here was her first at bat of the season. Her swing looks decent. Joe thinks if she could've connected, she would've hit a good one. I still can't believe how old and how big she is.



Oh, right. Besides being the first day of March, it's also Day #


Did you think I had forgotten?

In the comments on my last post, Ashlee figured there was no chance of me guessing today's present, as I had a hard time guessing yesterday's. She was correct. It seemed to be about the right shape and size to be pens, but it didn't feel quite like pens. But that was my best guess, so I went with it.

It turned out to be better than pens! (And that's saying a lot because I really love pens!)



Beads! And buttons!

A couple of years ago, I was searching for soccer beads so that I could make soccer earrings. (I know, I know. Give me a break. I have four kids, and I drive a minivan.) I didn't find any, so I free-form beaded some wire in a spiral shape to look like a soccer ball. I don't have a picture, but I thought they looked cool. But now I have actual soccer ball beads! (And baseballs, basketballs, and footballs!) I'm brainstorming ways to use them already...

5 comments:

raj said...

1) Woohoo for birthday month!

2) The soccer, baseball, basketball, etc. earrings thing is scary. Texas is starting to get to you.

Lisa said...

Yaaay I'm glad you like 'em! Your blog posts are a highlight of my day...what is next??

Yay for March too...also love the softball pic- all the kiddos look so much older every week!

aziner said...

I'm not sure how I feel about this blog-a-day thing, you're totally going to pass me in post count! ;P

psh, Raj, baseball (and the others for those into such sports) earrings are awesome. you're just jealous because they wouldn't look cute on you.

Amber said...

Let's be honest, the blog posts are a highlight of my day, too. After all, it's almost like having a conversation with adults!

Lisa, glad you liked the softball picture - if you're ever bored on a Saturday, you're welcome to come check out a game! I know how you feel about sports, but I'd be happy to explain everything to you! :)

Raj, you're lucky you share a birthday month with me, otherwise your second comment would put you on the troublemakers list. Not in defense of Texas, but in defense of my coolness. I will hold further comment in reserve until after you have your own children.

Azina, I'm not sure you have to worry too much. After all, I have a dearth of blogging over the years to make up for! Thanks for the solidarity on the baseball earrings! For that, you might find some in the mail...someday... :)

aziner said...

hmm I suppose I'll let you take the early lead for 2009 but if toward the ends of the year our counts are close we may have to have a blog off of some sort! ;)

haha you're welcome for the solidarity! potential baseball earrings someday would be fabulous :)