Wednesday, March 04, 2009

stumped

Welcome to Day #


We have a major day today, so I was threatened that I had better blog before we go. (Because, really, I have nothing else to do to get all of us out of the house on time. I'm kidding. I was already planning on blogging before we left because otherwise I probably wouldn't get to it until tonight. And how could I leave my tremendous audience in such suspense?)

Yeah, so this one was totally a mystery. It seemed as if there was more than one item, but there was no discernible shape or even a consistent squishiness throughout (I'm sorry, I just could not think of real word to describe it). Like I said, stumped. Or if you prefer, stymied. ("I hate that word. I hate that feeling!" If you can tell me where the quote comes from, I will send you cookies. Sorry, sibs are ineligible.)

If by any chance you have navigated through the tangents to make it to this point, I will finally reveal the contents of the mystery gift!



Animals!

Okay, not really, but that's what I first thought when I opened it. And that's funny, given the dichotomy of the present givers - Ashlee adores her world without animals, and I don't think Lisa has ever met an animal she doesn't like. I think Tami and I fall somewhere in the middle of that spectrum.

The girls wanted to know if I was going to share the candy. I told them maybe. The butterfly is a magnet. Isn't it cute?

Ever since I got my new refrigerator, I have stubbornly refused to put magnets on it. It's just too pretty, even though now it sports dents courtesy of my toy-wielding son. The kids got a set of Magnetic Poetry for Kids for Christmas, and they were lucky they were allowed to put that on the refrigerator. (But I've always thought Magnetic Poetry was cool, so we all played and my refrigerator OCD was not terribly offended.)

So the butterfly found a home on the message board next to the front door. I haven't actually written a message on it in a while...any suggestions?



Doesn't that just give you a "happy spring" feeling?!

3 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

animals....why yes, that should give you an indication of the one absent from contributing to today's gifts!

I say, DO NOT SHARE THE CANDY. Unless you want to. But only if you REALLY want to.

You only get one 30 Rock Tour.....

That's all I'm saying... :) Oh, and you will NEVER guess #10!

Lisa said...

What beautiful and delicious animals respectively.

For the message board:

Don't forget your-
keys
phone
apple juice

aziner said...

The butterfly is very pretty & springy! Also I didn't comment, but the recipe cards are very lovely as well.

And what's with the sib discrimination??!? psh whatever :P