Monday, March 23, 2009

back to life, back to reality

It was nice last week when the rest of the world was on spring break. It meant that we didn't have anywhere to go or anything to do, which made it kind of a spring break for us too.

And now it's Monday.

But it's also Day #



of the 30 Rock Tour!

This one was weird. It's not a box. It's kind of...squishy. That's the best I can come up with. The girls weren't much help either.

So I opened it.




Look at this! It is so cool! You pour cake batter in all of the little compartments and bake it. Then you pop out all the pieces and decorate it like a butterfly!

The girls were pretty excited too. They wanted me to make it right now, the instant I opened it. But I don't have any cake mix. So they wanted me to go buy cake mix and make it tomorrow.



"Can I be in the picture?"



"Jadyn, this is my picture!"

I finally told them that I'd make it on Wednesday, for my birthday.

That's what happens when you turn 30. You have to make your own birthday cake.

6 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the "that's what happens when you turn 30" comment...

So glad you like it! Tami discovered it online, as we were looking for something different I had originally seen at Target. It was a bit out of our price range, so we kept looking. As luck would have it...I found it at Home Goods!!! (they also had a turtle, but alas you weren't turning 31.)

Your decorating tips should come in handy for decorating your 30th birthday cake! Right?!

Ashlee Liddell said...

I would like to take a minute to point out something I love about the pictures of the girls....

Notice Jadyn's eyes in her picture? It's the typical, standard, you know not what I am thinking, Jadyn look.

Do you see the same look in the picture with Alaina?

Alaina doesn't stand a chance. She is in a league all her own...that "I'm a special 'a' girl," Jadyn. A league all of her own...

Watch out world....

HeidiZizz said...

If I were there, I would totally bake you the butterfly cake. Maybe Joe should bake it! :)

Ashlee Liddell said...

Oh man...now I feel like I should totally bake the butterfly cake. The only thing is that you would still have to decorate it, which maybe defeats the purpose..huh?

Lisa said...

It's almost your BEEE-DAY, are you deliriously excited??! :)

Amber said...

Ashlee, I was totally going to mention the decorating tips, but I forgot when I transcribed the blog post from my head to my computer.

And Jadyn...oh Jadyn. At this point, her biggest competition is Jared. His bulldozer philosophy doesn't respond to her finesse.

Thanks Heidi! It really is too bad you live so far away...I have a feeling we could all get in a lot of trouble together! As far as Joe baking a cake - it is definitely possible. He can do his fair share of cooking if the directions are specific. Unfortunately, it would be a bare cake as decorating is out of his league.

I don't mind making my own cake, really. I'm sure I'll have little helpers. The cake is more for them anyway. But don't worry, there will be pictures!

And Lisa, I'm excited, yes, but delirious is practically a state of being... :)