Thursday, March 05, 2009

milestones

Do you remember when you turned 10? I do. I was in fourth grade. I specifically remember a conversation I was having with my friend Sabrina as we walked up the stairs at our elementary school with the rest of the class, on our way back to class from PE or music or something. I was about to turn 10, and we were discussing how it was a big deal because it's a two-digit number.

That was twenty years ago. I have a hard time trying to fathom that.

Where did that come from? Well, it's birthday month, I'm blogging about birthdays, and today is Day #



You do the math.

Speaking of math, this means I'm 1/3 of the way through the 30 Rock Tour. That's a little sad for me. I mean, who wouldn't be thrilled to spend every day of their lives opening a present from a friend?

Okay, I'm finished with sentimentality. On with the presents!

There is only one word to describe today's gift: bumpy. Seriously. That was the only thing I could come up with. And the girls weren't allowed to guess because they were picking up toys. I know, I'm horrible. Jadyn is still working on picking up toys and may be until bedtime. We'll see.

I'm fairly certain there was an ulterior motive behind this present.



I just laughed when I opened it. In a good way, of course.

Every year at Christmas, the girls (Tami, Lisa, Ashlee, and I, and now my daughters, and soon Addi) all set aside at least half a day for our annual Baking Extravaganza. The items on the baking agenda vary from year to year, but chocolate-dipped pretzels are always on the list. Two years ago, Ashlee found Christmas tree pretzel molds. So now we have Santas and reindeer to go with them! Do you see that ridiculous picture, though? Who on earth decorates chocolate-dipped pretzels that intricately? Don't worry, Lisa, we'll be sticking to the plain chocolate and sprinkles method! (It seems like Lisa usually ends up being in charge of the children and the pretzel dipping...and the sprinkles.)

I love Christmas. It's the only time of year better than my birthday.

I don't know how well you can make out this picture, but I had to post it in self-defense. See, bumpy. You wouldn't have guessed either.


No comments: