Wednesday, March 18, 2009

and then there was one...week

I've actually read that Agatha Christie - in eighth grade Reading Appreciation. (The title is And Then There Were None.) I've never really understood what the big deal is about her writing. Maybe you have to be British.

It's Day #


and I totally guessed this!

Jadyn's observation: "It's soft. And it's hard, too." Which was accurate, if somewhat contradictory.

But because I'm a pattern matcher, I guessed it, which gives me two in a row! So I'm 6 for 23, which, again, is little better than .250.

If you gave me long enough to figure out the patterns, I could probably predict anything. I'm a professional at life, after all.

(Sorry, that's not as ridiculous as it sounds. Or rather, it would be, except I'm joking.)

It's stationery and a magnet.



Look! I was right!

I forgot to take a picture of the magnet on the message board, but it's very cute there with the other butterflies!

And just having thank you notes on hand is half the battle, right? I love these because it can be difficult to find thank yous that don't look ridiculous. I'll admit it, I'm terrible about thank you notes. I always intend to write them, and then I get distracted. If you have the same problem, you can confess it here. That way we'll all know that we mean to write thank yous to each other and we can sympathize with how it doesn't get done, and no one will feel as if they are intentionally being slighted.

World peace is next on the list.

("I really do want world peace!" One of my favorite movies. Don't judge. It's hilarious.)

Completely unrelated, here's the conversation I had with Jadyn yesterday afternoon.

Jadyn: (gibberish) That's how you say it in French.

Me: You're just making stuff up.

Jadyn: Yep. That's what I do.

5 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

There is no way you guessed a butterfly magnet and thank you cards....no way. I just don't believe it! ;)

And as far as Jadyn is concerned...I am shocked she didn't reply with, "that is what FOUR YEAR OLDS do" because she loves to tell me that!

raj said...

I'm with you on the Thank You notes. I know and appreciate the thought behind them, but I also can't understand why we don't all just universally presume that the person who is getting free stuff is happy about it and grateful.

Lisa said...

I'm with you Raj. Amber, can I be counted amongst the Thank You note confessions if I say I never intend to send the cards in the first place? I do a verbal Thank You- a sincere and repeated one at that- and then I'm done.

aziner said...

hahahaha good that she learns early on that French is gibberish ;) ("you're talking gibberish.")

I totally agree on all the Thank You note comments.

ravi said...

tell jadyn she needs to pick up her foreign language skills considering jared is currently learning chinese, spanish AND english. also, i'm bad at thank you notes, especially to you amber, cuz you give me lots of free stuff. i promise i don't take it for granted. like you bankrolling my trip to trinidad, that really meant a lot. i think my christmas letter could count as a quasi thank you note but i was using it as a quasi christmas present as well and i don't want to push my luck.