Tuesday, March 03, 2009

happy square root day!

As big of a nerd as I am, I didn't make that up. Seriously, my mom sent out an email linking this article. I'm a little skeptical. Sounds to me like mathematicians and other nerds just wanted more excuses to throw nerd parties. But it's not as if there's any food that really goes with square root day. (Just wait until Pi Day! Then you're going to wish you lived near me!)

Besides being square root day, it's also Day #


(Incidentally, a number without a whole square root...)

This one stands up! (As I'm sure you gathered.) My guess was a cup. Alaina, wising up to these things, guessed a candle. Jadyn said something along the lines of "a sticky thing that you stick things in." I don't make these things up.



I was right! (For those keeping score, that would be 2 out of 8, or 1 for 4, or a solid .250 batting average.) Okay, it's technically a travel mug, but I was close enough.

But did you see how cute it is? The insert is fabric, and the initial is embroidered. I love it! And now I have my own travel mug! (We have something like 4, but they're all Joe's for taking apple juice in the car on the way to work.) I can guarantee my won't be carrying apple juice!

Isn't birthday month great?!?

3 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

If you end up with an average over .250 I will be ASTONISHED. :)

And who takes apple juice to work?!?

Oh dear.

Lisa said...

That looks cinnamon dolce latte worthy.

Ditto about the apple juice- that's funny to me!

Amber said...

I fully expect to end up with a batting average more like that of a pitcher...of course, if it's not nice even numbers like 2 of 8, I won't be doing the math!

I know, the apple juice...one of those uniquely Joe things!

Lisa, you're right - definitely CDL worthy!