Thursday, March 12, 2009

can you believe it?

Not quite yet 9 in the morning and 4 out of 5 of us are dressed, we've had breakfast, the toys are picked up, the dishes are done, most of the laundry is done, and I'm blogging. It's only taken me almost 30 years to get my act together. Better late than never, I suppose.

"Can I be in the picture?" For Day #


Have I mentioned how much fun it is to open a present everyday? You should try it sometime.

The girls offered the following observation: it's soft. But it also had a solid spot in the middle that felt kind of like a bottle of nail polish.

Jadyn guessed a headband for me, and Alaina guessed hairbands. They're pattern matchers, too.

I'm starting to think that my dear friends purposely wrapped things so that there was no chance of me guessing the contents.

Because, seriously, who could've guessed this?



The yellow and gray thing is called a palm peeler. There's a vegetable peeler blade on the underside of it, and you stick your finger through the ring on top. Pretty cool, huh? And gloves so I can look cute while I'm cleaning!

In case you were unaware, Saturday is pi day. Our Friday night group will be celebrating tomorrow. (Because we meet at my house and so I declared that we must celebrate pi day. Not like it's a real hardship - who in their right mind would turn down pie?) If there's anything I like to make as much as cookies, it's pie. Don't you wish you lived closer to me?

3 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

I have it on good authority, from the individual who wrapped this gift, that it was certainly NOT intentionally wrapped to throw off your guesses.

As if that gift could have been wrapped in a way you would have guessed.... :)

The peeler came from Home Goods because who can turn down a fun new kitchen toy...plus I figured it would be safer for kiddos to use, when they start helping and you give them the horrible jobs...like peeling vegetables!

Thanks for sharing every day with us...hope you don't have a birthday hang over in April...

raj said...

I am jealous. I want pie!

Amber said...

This gift would've had to be wrapped in cellophane for me to get it.

And the peeler for the children is a fabulous idea. Because that's why you have children. For slave labor. You gotta start at the bottom in the kitchen, man.

I am totally going to have a birthday hangover in April. It's not going to be pretty. We're just going to have to plan something fun to do...

If you come see me, Raj, I will make you all the pie you want. Even if it isn't pi day.