Saturday, February 28, 2009

30 Rock Tour, weekend edition

Day #


has been eventful. Today was Opening Day of softball, which includes a parade and all sorts of happenings besides an actual game. So we were out of the house early(ish) this morning, and I didn't get a chance to open my present until this afternoon. (I know you were all on pins and needles in suspense!)

True confessions: I felt a little dumb after I opened #5 for not having guessed what it was. I don't know, but I'm going to blame the lack of mental acuity on softball. (Don't get me wrong, I love softball, and I love enabling my children to participate in these things, but wow. You should spend a Saturday with us someday. You would undoubtedly be convinced of my insanity.)

Then again, Alaina guessed that it was socks. ("You're talkin' gibberish." I think I need to pull that movie out.)

So what was the mysterious gift?



A pretty purple candle!

I have no doubt set a precedent of regaling you with witty anecdotes with some connection to the gift I received. Sorry. It's not going to happen today. I mentioned softball, right? And the sick children?

The candle smells like lavender, for those who were curious. I love it!

5 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

I thought for sure you would have guessed this one! I say its softball's fault too!

Ashlee Liddell said...

I would like to also state that that you will NEVER guess #6, especially if you were unable to guess #5.

:)

RedGlare said...

Me too- I thought this would be the one you'd guess! Yay, maybe they'll ALL be surprises then!

Lisa said...

I accidentally stole my boyfriend's identity! The comment above was from me, courtesy of Greg's computer.

Ashlee Liddell said...

Whatever Lisa....Greg just wanted to comment on Amber's blog more than he wanted to comment on yours...or mine...! :)