Sunday, March 08, 2009

uh...

Apparently blogger dislikes my blog. (Sorry, Ashlee, you can continue to dislike firefox all you like, but internet explorer is doing the same thing to my blog.) Of course, if you are reading this right now, then clearly you aren't having any problems viewing my blog. If, however, you should encounter a blank space where you had hoped to be enlightened by my witty commentary, you can scroll down and find where the posts are organized by date (on the right hand side of the page) and click on the title of the post you'd like to read.

But never fear! Neither wind nor snow...oh wait. (Although I'd like to think I'm at least as reliable as the Postal Service, plus the blog is free, nor is it junk mail or bills.) It will take more than technical difficulties to keep me from my blogging duties!

As I'm certain my tangents have borne tangents by this point, I'll get on with it.

It's Day #


It's floppy. Alaina guessed a book. Jadyn guessed a window. My guess was a comic book. I had comic books on the brain. We watched a little of Spiderman on tv last night. I just don't like it. (Are you shocked?) That led to a discussion of why Joe prefers Batman or Spiderman over Superman and the differences between the characters. (He likes them because a normal person could theoretically be either one of them. There's no hope for magically becoming the Last Son of Krypton.) The conclusion we came to, which is obviously the answer, was that girls don't like Spiderman as much because Mary Jane is totally codependent, which is obnoxious. Lois Lane, on the other hand, can totally hold her own and is basically on equal footing with Superman/Clark Kent (at least in more recent incarnations). I also personally think that the Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent identities are far more interesting and less annoying than Peter Parker.

Um, sorry about that. We really do have those kinds of conversations. I told you we were nerds. You've been warned.

But here's my cool present! It's butterfly rub-on transfers! (My correct guess percentage gets more dismal everyday.) The one on the top right that you can't really see is a blue morpho, which is my favorite. One of the best things about Houston is the Butterfly Pavilion at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. If you haven't been, let me know. We'll plan a trip. Seriously.

Obviously, the writing mood I'm in today would allow me to continue on for days jabbering about nonsense. I don't think anyone needs that, so I'll depart with this: I'm going to the rodeo next Monday. Close your mouth, you'll catch a fly. But don't worry, there will be more to come regarding this event.

4 comments:

raj said...

A) Your blog worked fine for me.

B) I think that Peter Parker is and/or could be as complex as BW and CK, but the Spiderman franchise jumped the shark fairly quickly. We've certainly all seen BW and CK trivialized by bad acting/writing/directing. *shudder*

C)The rodeo?!? Remember my previous comment about how Texas you're becoming? So help me, if you enjoy it even a little bit, I won't feel like I know you anymore. It would help me a lot if you would bring a book to the rodeo and look completely disinterested in anything going on around you so that there's no confusion about your level of enjoyment.

D) Yes, there are rodeos in Nebraska, but that is entirely beside the point.

Ashlee Liddell said...

If the rodeo is a shocker...just wait until the whole picture is revealed!

And for the record...it is far better to become "Texas" than to become "California" this is a well known fact.

So, escape as fast as you can Raj...run for the Lone Star..... :)

HeidiZizz said...

loving the blogs, just had to say that!

Amber said...

Raj, I think you're right about Peter Parker. Is it sad that the best incarnation I've seen of Spiderman was that cartoon that was on in the early 90s?

I gotta go with Ashlee on this one...I'll take becoming Texas over becoming California any old day. But there is more to the rodeo story, just you wait.

Heidi, I'm glad this little corner of insanity amuses you!