Sunday, March 15, 2009

listen carefully...

that sound you hear...is nothing. Three of my darling children have departed to spend the night at the grandparents' because tomorrow is rodeo day!

Happy early birthday to me!

Don't get me wrong. I love my children. But I am happy to let other people who love them spend time with them too.

Let's be honest. I'm pretty impressed if you've stuck with me through the 30 Rock Tour so far. 30 days is a long time. So to show my gratitude, I'll pull an old elementary school tradition: I will make cookies for my blog readers that I see during the week of my birthday. (Do you remember taking treats to school for your birthday? What kind of kooky tradition is that, anyway? Giving other people food on your own birthday?)

Today is Day #


Somehow, my friends pulled some crazy reverse psychology or something on me because I found myself a little sad at the thought that my birthday was getting closer since it meant the 30 Rock Tour would be over. Oy!

Unfortunately, I won't be amusing you with my fascinating observations or ridiculous guesses about today's present, since it's in a bag.

So I'll just have to open it!



Isn't it pretty?

I certainly do not suffer from a dearth of candles in my house, yet even so, somehow I never have enough votive holders.

So this is great!



You might think that since I don't have many votive holders, I wouldn't have votives. Not so.

Can't you just see the silence in my house from the pictures?

No comments: