Monday, March 09, 2009

"your birthday is taking forever."

I should probably feel sorrier for her, but I don't. Today's present prompted that statement from Alaina.

It's a remarkably-not-so-bad-for-a-Monday (especially after spring forward weekend) Day #


This one is an odd shape. I'm not sure what to make of that. It's also flat. My guess was stickers. It just had that kind of feel.

But I was wrong...again.



A.J. was "helping" me take these pictures. I think it was his passive-aggressive way of letting me know that he was hungry and done with me ignoring him. ("Just let me get one more thing done. Just one more minute, A.J.")

I love dyeing eggs. I know it can be a mess, and it takes a considerable amount of patience to dye eggs with small children, but it's fun. And hard boiled eggs are delicious. It helps to just take the whole mess outside. The girls were very excited to see this present, but that's what prompted Alaina's statement. I told her Easter wasn't too far away - in April, after my birthday. Someday she will understand...

As for the rodeo (because I know you're just dying for the rest of the story), it all began like this. Ashlee mentioned (at coffee, I believe) that she wanted new cowboy boots for her birthday. So I said "I've always wanted cowboy boots!" I know, it sounds crazy. But I really have, ever since high school. I just have a thing for boots of any kind. Of course, then it became a thing that we should get boots for our birthdays. Birthdays are way more fun when you can share them with someone, though I'm sure everyone else is sick of us by now! More on the continuing saga of the rodeo tomorrow...

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Tomorrow is the day....the infamous "fifteen".....

I think its hilarious, given Raj's existing concern about your Texan-ness, that you will most likely attend the grand ol' rodeo IN COWBOY BOOTS. Cowgirl boots rather...

So since I can't go to the rodeo am I exempt from boot shopping? :)

Ashlee Liddell said...

Don't worry Lisa...we got you your very own pair!!!!

Oh yes, day #15. The infamous day #15. I almost wish I could be there when you open it....can't wait to hear what the kids say!

aziner said...

okay, cowboy boots? this Texas thing is really starting to scare me now. you don't see me running around wearing (or wanting to wear) Uggs do you? the only thing I'm in danger of purchasing is Rainbow sandals...