Friday, February 06, 2009

miscellany

I have decided blog posts are much more interesting if there is a photo included. So, here is today's photo:


It has nothing to do whatsoever with this post, but it's cute.

I have been completely remiss in mentioning this, but my mom started a blog. Seriously. I posted way back when about how I thought my parents were cool, and so she went and proved it again. It all reminds me of the time I called my grandma and she asked me to hold on because she was on the other line. Technology is way out of control.

The conversation I had with Jadyn this morning:

Me: Jadyn, you can't wear that sweater, it's too warm today.

Jadyn: But I love it!

Me: I understand that, but it's too warm today for a sweater.

Jadyn: But I love my sweater.

Me: (getting a little sterner) Jadyn, you may not wear that sweater today.

She bursts out crying. But there are no tears, so it's really more whining.

Me: Are you seriously crying about the weather?!

Jadyn: (wailing) Yeah!

I'm not sure how she thought she could get away with that in this house...


There's more, I'm just out of time, so it'll have to wait for the next post and random picture.

Oh, and happy birthday Lindsey! :)

5 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

What's a girl to do...no pink le-ck-a-tard to wear, and THEN she can't even wear the sweater that she LOVES.....things are hard around your part of town!

I love the pic. That is classic Jared.... He is just looking so much older these days, and that concerns me. Are we letting them grow up? Because I so didn't get a vote in that decision.... :)

Amber said...

Oh no, not just a pink le-ck-a-tard, a pink le-ck-a-tard with sparkles! I know, it's brutal around here - it's where the mean people live.

Jared's faces make me laugh. All I know is that I keep having to buy bigger clothes, and I certainly did not vote affirmatively on that one. It's pretty bad when Alaina has been telling me the past few days that A.J. has gotten bigger. But they just laugh at me when I tell them they have to stop growing.

Ashlee Liddell said...

Jared's face reminds me so much of Alaina's smile....except there is mischief in his. Her's was always so innocent. Or maybe I just didn't know as much as I know now... :)

ravi said...

aj looks like he's thinking, "what the heck is going on? are you really trusting this kid to hold me?" also, jared's face reminds me of raj when he was young, the eyeless smile.

Amber said...

indeed, the eyeless smile...must be genetic!

you're right, aj does not look amused by the circumstances.