Tuesday, February 24, 2009

on the first day of the 30 Rock Tour...

my good friends gave to me
a VeggieTales calendar!


So last night, Joe and I were watching 24, which we had recorded, of course. It's 9:35, and there is a knock at the door. Knowing that only crazy people knock on the door at that hour and that we are somewhat suspicious people by nature, Joe answers it. On the doorstep sits a giant box, wrapped with a bow on top. He stands there for a moment, looks around the corner, and says, "It's for you." So I went to the door, and there stand Ashlee, Tami, and Lisa, surrounding the giant box.

Did you know that today begins the 30 day countdown until my 30th birthday? I didn't. My friends did. So what did they bring me?



A giant box of toilet paper!


Not really. It is actually full of presents with numbered sticky notes! And today was day number one.


And this present proves just how well my friends know me. . . first that I get a VeggieTales calendar every year and second that I hadn't gotten one this year.

Now all of you get to celebrate 30 days of my birthday with me!

In other news, the children and I got to have lunch with my mom today during her layover on her way back from California. We ate at Godfather's Pizza. Did you know that in second grade I was friends with the son of the CEO of Godfather's Pizza? Well, I was.

In other other news, at least 2, maybe 3 out of 4 children have ear infections. Awesome.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

The video of our secret mission, including 2 minutes of Joe's feet on the doorstep pondering the bomb-like package, is going to be hilarious. YAAY for the 30 Rock Tour!! Enjoy!

HeidiZizz said...

I knew this was coming and am excited for the days to come! Are you going to post every day? I CERTAINLY think you should!!

Amber said...

My mom knew about it too! I'm pretty impressed that you guys were able to keep this completely secret with all the people who were in on it!

The plan is to post everyday...but I didn't want to put that in my post because I figured if I made a bold claim like that then something would happen to prevent it. Plus I have four kids.

My sister has invoked tradition. So anyone with a major birthday coming up, watch out!

Ashlee Liddell said...

Yippee!!!! Project 30 Rock Tour has begun! Yes, even your lovely mother knew about the secret.... we all came close to spilling the beans at some point or another.

Yes, the video should be grand! What I think is hilarious is that you still didn't know what was going on when you came to the door....

Lisa said...

Woooohoooo and what was behind door number 2? I wasn't there yet for wrapping of #2, as I was lost in the parallel universe known as the moving 1464 road for 20 minutes. But I know what #3 is tomorrow!!!

aziner said...

Just to clarify, I have invoked a 30th birthday tradition. Wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed or anything, especially as Raj is turning 25 this year.