Thursday, February 26, 2009

and now, the moment you've all been waiting for...

Day #

Ashlee thought it would be fun if I tried to guess what was in each one before I opened it. The thought actually crossed my mind yesterday, so I readily agreed.

Here is the paraphrased transcript of my thoughts:

{It's heavy...kind of like a book. It could be a book. Seems too heavy for a picture frame or photo album. I think it's a book or...photo coasters.}

End transcript. Are you in awe of the inner workings of my mind? You should be.

Now I'll bet you'd like to know what was actually in the bag. Or you may not care. But if you don't care, I'm pretty sure you have vowed not to visit my blog for at least the next month and aren't reading this anyway!

So without further adieu...


OH! Do you grasp the significance of this beautiful purple package?!?

Here, let me point out the most relevant details:

and:


I have a little story to tell you. I must admit that I am not the world's biggest fan of m&m's. Well, more accurately, I wasn't the world's biggest fan of m&m's. I mean, the peanut ones were good, and the peanut butter ones were good; I was just never addicted to them. And then these marvelous confectionery creations appeared in stores. They were originally released in conjunction with one of the new Star Wars movies (not even worth getting into that), with some sort of marketing slogan about going to the dark side. Clever enough. They only came in the little bags, and I don't mean the little big bags. I mean the little bags that you find in the checkout aisle. At first, we only found the plain variety. And those were good, don't get me wrong. But then, on a day that will go down in the history books (or maybe not, as I have no idea what day it was...I could maybe figure out the year with some strenuous mental calculations) someone found the peanut variety! I honestly don't remember who it was.

Of course, as these things go, just about as soon as we discovered the wonder that is dark chocolate peanut m&m's, they disappeared. (Remember the part about them being linked with the Star Wars movie? Yeah. Movie done, candy done.) Then again, maybe it was Ashlee who discovered them because apparently things she discovers and loves get discontinued.

A tragedy of such proportions requires action! So we sent emails to m&m's. Again, as these things go, they listened to Ashlee but not to me and about a year later, dark chocolate m&m's (plain and peanut) triumphantly returned!

If you'd like, you can submit my history of dark chocolate peanut m&m's to wikipedia. It couldn't possibly be anymore ridiculous than some of the stuff that ends up on there.

By the way, there is a proper way to eat m&m's. (Warning: nerd alert.) Any guesses why you must eat all of the colors besides red, yellow, and blue first and then ensure the correct numbers of those three colors so that you can eat one of each color together? I've been doing this since high school.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

...because you like primary colors?

So there's no wrong way to eat a Reese's but there are TONS of wrong ways to eat M&Ms. Got it. :)

YAY for present #3!!

Ashlee Liddell said...

Oh dear.... I hope we can continue providing gifts with such wonderful stories accompanying them!

I do believe that we were with Debbie McCool when we discovered peanut dark chocolate M&Ms...at the CVS closest to your house. My memory says she was the initial discover-er of the dark chocolate M&Ms.

With certainty I can declare they made their glorious return due ONLY to my persuasive email.

:)

They are supposed to last all the way until your birthday....think you can make it?!

HeidiZizz said...

i'm loving these posts!! i'm not a huge chocolate lover, but when i do eat m&m's, there's a method to my madness, also. it's ridiulous, really.
anyway, i'm guessing it has to do with the color combos making new colors in your mouth.
also, never ever like anything that ashlee or my mom like...for it will surely be discontinued. (unless it is revived by a barrage of emails!)

Amber said...

Well, I do like primary colors but for a reason...which no one has guessed. I'm not going to reveal the answer just yet. I have no doubt I will be able to include it in a future post.

I remember that trip to CVS...I remember something about dark chocolate m&m's...I never would have pulled that one out without prompting, though. But it does make sense that she would have discovered them.

I am certain they only returned because of your email. I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth!

I'm glad you like the posts! I'm having a blast writing them. Heidi, your m&m's method sounds very interesting...and certainly no more ridiculous than the reason I eat them the way I do! And I seem to remember a trip to Target to look for rugs? that had been discontinued. The things we put up with... :)

aziner said...

I know the answer! But I'm waiting to see if someone else can guess...

HeidiZizz said...

yes, my mom's kitchen rugs....which she found in various target stores and now has hoarded in her closet. she probably has 15 of the darn things and i'm sure she'd pick up more if she saw them. nuts!

raj said...

I also know the answer, but I don't think it's fair for us to guess then.