Wednesday, April 01, 2009

just a glimpse

Monday night, we were all at Alaina's softball practice. Typically, this means that Joe is on the field, practicing with Alaina, and I hang out at the playground with the other 3. Last Monday, we were doing just that, but I had to go to the grocery store for milk and minor details like dinner (for that night). So I explained this to Jadyn and asked her what she wanted for dinner.

Jadyn: Let's get supper ables.

Me: What do you want for dinner? (not understanding what she had said)

Jadyn: Let's get supper ables.

Me: What is that?

Jadyn: (matter-of-factly) It's like Lunch-ables, except for supper.

Well, duh.

Last night, Alaina, Jadyn, A.J., and I went to Target to get diapers. I was explaining to the girls that we only had to get a few things in Target - diapers, wipes, Alaina's mouthwash, and a game for Daddy.

Alaina: What game?

Me: Guitar Hero Metallica. (incidentally, it's as much for me as it is for Joe!)

Alaina: Is that the game with the commercial with the boys who come sliding out of the room?

Me: (astonished) Yes, that's exactly right.

If you haven't seen the commercial, it's hilarious. I've seen it once - it was on during the UNC-Oklahoma game. (This is a relevant fact if you've seen the commercial.) Alaina has also only seen it once.

In fact, how about I just put it here for you? Look at me being helpful.



Have I mentioned that I love Guitar Hero? I'm pretty sure it is the very first video game I've ever been any good at it.

No comments: