Friday, December 30, 2005

Christmas potpourri

Before you try and sniff this post, let me clarify that the word "potpourri" is used in the Jeopardy sense...

Just in case anyone was unaware of this fact, it is highly frustrating to the parents and downright inconsiderate to recline your seat in an airplane when you are aware that there are small children seated directly behind you. I understand that airplanes are uncomfortable for everyone, but is the extra 3 inches you achieve when you recline your seat really worth the added stress to a small child (who may then stress out everyone else on the plane, including yourself) and that child's parents?

It took us 3 tries, yes 3 tries, to be able to see Walk the Line. We tried Monday night, and it was sold out. We got tickets early yesterday, and then when we got there, the only seats left were in the front row on the ends, so we exchanged our tickets for the late showing and finally got to see the movie. So between that, the movie quality not being that great (because of film artifacts), ridiculous ticket prices, and my frustration with the 12 years of commercials before movies, I've finally jumped on the home theater bandwagon with Joe. It will pretty much take an act of Congress before I go to a movie theater again.

But, Walk the Line is a good movie - I very much enjoyed it. I even wished it was a little longer. Now I need to get some Johnny Cash music...

2 comments:

aziner said...

Wouldn't it be cool if you could have scratch & sniff on the internet? Of course then you'd have jerks saying sniff this, it smells like heaven & really it smells like poop. That would not be cool.

haha act of Congress, that's quite amusing. Though I don't particularly disagree, going to the movies has become quite the fiasco. shakes fist at the movie theatres

Ashlee Liddell said...

Before you get the big screen, maybe we should work on getting me a house closer to you...so, I could just walk on over to the coolest movie theatre around!!!!

I had my own difficulties with movies this week, and still have yet to see walk the line....ugh.

Is it January 3rd yet?

Hope you are having a blast...