Thursday, March 08, 2007

here's a new one

So I'm on my way home from a delightful shopping trip with my children. At the last big intersection before my house, where people tend to act like idiots, although not usually in the direction I was traveling, several cars turning onto my road decided to be in the intersection when my light turned green. After letting them go and not cutting them off to leave them stranded in the intersection, as I could've done, the driver of the last car waved at me. Now, normally I would take that as an admission of a vehicular faux pas and move on. However, the driver of the last car waved at me. . . with her cell phone. Yes, that's right. As Joe would say, she was an idiot and could prove it scientifically.

I believe I can now personally update the old adage: Better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than wave your cell phone and remove all doubt.

No comments: