Wednesday, March 14, 2007

happy pi(e) day!

I just got home from coffee night, which is always fabulous, but even more so tonight because today was pi day! (March 14th, 3-14, pi is 3.14... yes, I am a nerd, I know that.)

What was really great about today is that I got to celebrate pi day right - I got to make pizza (including the dough), and I got to make a pumpkin pie. And then I got to have coffee and share my pumpkin pie with my friends. And I wish I could've shared a pie with everyone who reads this. So was it really about pi or celebrating nerdiness? A little. It was also a little about taking a day to celebrate people I have been friends with in the past (hello Mr. Biga's math class!).

But mostly it's about taking any random old day and making it special for the people I love. So today I say, thank you Lord for my family and friends (past and present) and for silly days like pi day to celebrate the life you've given us!

2 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

That is what I love most about your nerdiness, you let the rest of us celebrate in the fun! Have you ever noticed that no one complains when we celebrate? They may ask questions, or make jokes, but they enjoy celebrating all the same.
How boring my life would be if I didn't have wonderful friends to celebrate with!
And I love your pie, and especially after 11, at my kitchen table, with two infants and a sleeping Dad!

aziner said...

hooray pi day! ahh Biga's class, despite how frustrating it was, probably the best experience of high school. arrggh (that's what he used to always say right?)

ndnot is my word verification, sounds like a brother of the mooninites (a joke probably only Raj will get)