Friday, January 12, 2007

not meant to be

If you ever needed more proof that we were meant to live in community, my not-yet-4-year-old Alaina told me again today that she wanted "more than just 3 people at our house." (I'm guessing that count included her, me, and Jadyn. Jared doesn't count yet, I guess, and Joe was at work.) That statement was followed by her telling me that she missed Grandma, at which point Jadyn chimed in "grandpa-ina," which, when translated, is "Grandpa, Azina." And not to leave anyone out, Jadyn then said, "Raj, Wabi."

Apparently I'm not nearly as exciting as my siblings or parents...

(It may sound like I'm whining about the status quo, and I'm really not - it's just that when your 2 small children say things like that, you want to do everything possible to fix it.)

3 comments:

aziner said...

I think the bottom line is that your children recognize that not having us around all the time is weak sauce. :)

Lisa said...

That's really sweet that the girls enjoy the family visiting so much. I enjoyed the family visiting too! It was neat to see how you all got along, helped, and enjoyed each other.

Amber said...

I think YOU are weak sau...oh, never mind. :)

I'm glad you enjoyed hanging out with us, Lisa! I think the reason we get along with each other so well (as a family) is because we're all strange and can't expect anyone else to get along with us! I'm kidding, really. It was great for me to have my family and my good friends hanging out together.