Monday, January 01, 2007

"happy newear!"

...a rough transliteration of Jadyn's version of "happy new year"

A new year is always a little bittersweet for me. Perhaps it's because I love Christmas. It is, to borrow a phrase, "the most wonderful time of the year" for me. It's not that we ever do anything that could be called spectacular. That's just how it is.

At any rate, sometimes it's a little hard for me to accept the fact that when the new year comes, we have to start all over again. I'm not opposed to change. I just don't like circumstances forcing me to change.

But at the same time, a new year is full of new days that are full of potential. This is the first year that I don't have a general schedule of events, which is a little unsettling for me. We don't really have anything planned this year: no major projects, no trips. Maybe all of that will change soon. Maybe God will use this "free time" in my life to teach me something. I don't really think life will stay quiet for long; it never does. But here's to a new year with fewer unpleasant surprises than the last!

4 comments:

raj said...

wooo! you blogged! I was holding your cute baby boy when you wrote this. That definitely makes for a happy newear.

Amber said...

That definitely does make for a happy newear. That's also the only reason I was able to blog. :)

Ashlee Liddell said...

I had almost given up! I love Jadynisms!

Perhaps the key to the free time is listening, and truly being open to what He unfolds.

I have SEVERAL openings in children's church if you are really that bored!!!!!

Lisa said...

And tomorrow we'll see how "Happy Chinese New Year" comes out