Monday, June 12, 2006

has the world gone mad?

Just an informal, completely unscientific survey here - I'm trying to find out if the entire world has gone mad, or if it's more of a local phenomenon, or if it's just a personal phenomenon. Maybe it's just a madness I don't understand. Perhaps a special form of Texas madness. I'm not above believing there's madness everywhere...but I understand the madness in the midwest.

Have you ever felt like God is breaking things on purpose? Even the things you believe were put in place by Him? I sometimes think my biggest problem is my need to understand why - that's my biggest faith obstacle. Not that it precludes faith, but that much greater things could happen in my life if I wasn't hung up on trying to understand all the time.

(As evidence of the madness, I would refer you to the College World Series bracket. So far, no fewer than 3 of the national top eight seeds have been eliminated and aren't even going to the CWS. And UNC is going. A world gone mad, I tell you.)

4 comments:

raj said...

I think that people who don't ask why are gullible not faithful.

Ashlee Liddell said...

Don't got trying to blame the madness on Texas....sheesh. If it was Texas you can't use your CWS bracket as an example....so sorry.

I believe God is not outside of breaking thing on purpose....but perhaps your why is about the wrong thing....your why right now seems to be focused on understanding why.....maybe your why should be more along the lines of why does God have me here? why has He chosen to put me in the middle of these situations? etc.

Just an idea.....

Lisa said...

Yes, I think the world's gone mad, personally.

Lisa said...

Hey! What's new? We'd love to hear from you in bloggerland.