Sunday, June 04, 2006

conspiracy

I'm sure it's a conspiracy; I'm not sure by whom, but somehow we've become completely dependent upon cars. Okay, at least in the places I've lived, you simply cannot be a functioning member of society without a car.

The trouble is, cars are nothing but trouble.

I've had my share of cars that stop working in the middle of the road. It is, however, a completely different experience when you have two small children in the car... Things did work out as smoothly as they possibly could have, at least until we get the estimate of the repairs.

It's not as if I'm a Ludite or anything (you are reading my blog, after all), it's just frustrating to be so dependent on something so undependable.

Sidebar: I'm not Jewish, but if I were, I would warn you, gentle readers, to beware of car trouble. Bad things occur in threes, after all. Lisa's accident would be 1, we would be 2, so that leaves 3, unless you count Azina's ongoing trouble with her car, in which case everyone else is safe!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

You're right about the threes. I'm glad I was in your blog! Even if it was in a countdown to destruction... I hope person #3 has a less stressful mishap than you and I each did.

Lisa said...

And I realized...both of our car-things happened on Sunday afternoons (right?) weird....

We'd better put everyone on lockdown next Sunday.

Ashlee Liddell said...

I, personally, am not speaking to either one of you until we have three safely out of the way!!!

We missed you at coffee Lisa, but we have a cool new hang out spot!

Amber said...

That is weird about the Sunday afternoons. Seriously, no one goes anywhere next Sunday afternoon.

We do have a cool new coffee hangout, it's very exciting. Perfect tables for playing games!

Amber said...

Oh, and by way of an update, the word we got yesterday on the car is that we're lucky it didn't catch fire.

Just the kinds of words of encouragement I always like to hear!

Lisa said...

Where is the cool new spot? Is it different than last week?

Glad your car didn't catch on fire!

Amber said...

Yes, it is different than last week. It's pretty much in the middle of all of us - it's on West Airport. They're open until 10 every night.

raj said...

I suppose it's better than, "You're lucky it ONLY caught on fire." Either way, I'm glad that you and your children are safe. General Motors would have some answering to do otherwise. (And by answering, I mean withstanding copious amounts of physical punishment).

Amber said...

Well, Raj, I'm so glad to hear you feel that way. Would you be willing to transfer some of that wrath/bodily harm to the nincompoop mechanic that Allstate sent with the tow truck on Sunday who isn't open today so we can't retrieve our car to take it to Saturn, who is actually going to fix it? Or maybe to some other people in my life that are driving me up a wall?

raj said...

I have no problem with wrath on mechanics who can't bring themselves to be open on Saturdays. C'mon that's like church not being open on Sundays. What good is it? (Unless it is hip church that meets on Saturday night or some other time).

I will have to distribute wrath to other people on a case-by-case basis, however, on account of pregnancy hormones possibly affecting irritability (please don't hit me).