Tuesday, October 11, 2005

it's not cold yet, but...

What's the best thing about fall? I know the school-bound among us may not love fall as much as the rest, but I think there's something about fall that's not like the rest of the seasons. So, here's the invitation for opinions (like anyone needed an invitation): what's the best thing about fall?

My list (so far): pumpkin food (anything made with pumpkin, particularly pie), jeans and sweatshirts/sweaters, warm food (sensing a theme?), new eps of my favorite shows, getting ready for Christmas! . . .

3 comments:

aziner said...

Mmm I have to agree with that pumpkin thing, except I won't say anything made with pumpkin as I've never jumped on the pumpkin soup bandwagon, but pumpkin is definitely the way to go for pies and lattes and bread and bars and candles. Pretty much I think you covered my entire list. I do quite enjoy fall foliage, unfortunately I don't think either of us is really in a position to experience that.

"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address. On the other hand, this not knowing has its charms." :)

Ashlee Liddell said...

You are only try to get other people's answers for Bible study on Friday night...I see straight through this post!

My favorite thing about fall (not that we really have that many here in Houston) cool fall days with cold fall nights. The cool air that blows your hair, the red and orange leaves...and of course the WORLD SERIES when the Astros win for the first time!!!!

Amber said...

Well, of course it all comes back to the Astros! :)

I do miss the cool days and cold nights in the midwest, and yes, Ashlee, I'm cheating and getting the answers for Bible study. You caught me. :P

Azina, that quote is another good thing about fall - that movie just feels like fall to me, and now I think I have to go watch it!