Monday, September 29, 2008

addicted

So we just spent the last 5 days without phone, tv, or internet.

It's brutal.

I didn't mind being without the phone; after all, that's what cell phones are for. And usually the phone only rings when telemarketers are calling, so it's not like I answer it anyway.

I sort of missed the tv. It was the first week of new shows, but there's not much worth watching anyway. There is something to be said about the utility of Nick Jr. in the morning, though.

I am completely addicted to the internet. I can't decide if this is a bad thing or not. Part of me doesn't care, even if it's not that healthy. But I felt completely cut off from the outside world, which I don't think is a good thing. Then again, maybe it's inevitable...I've been an internet junkie for nearly 15 years now.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm an Internet and email addict. Totally! I was only without internet for three days, and that was right on the brink of not being so quaint and charming anymore. I more than made up for it the rest of that week, online 24/7 during our post-Ike stay-off-the-roads week.

Welcome back to the WWW!

Bahil said...

I beat drugs and hardly ever drink anymore...but the internet...if I could free-base it, I would. The first thing I do when I wake up is check rueters and the Times. I need help.

Amber said...

I'd start an internet addiction support group except I don't think any of us are interested in recovering...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.