Thursday, January 10, 2008

thanks

Thanks to everyone who has (knowingly or not) been helping to pull me out of my annual January funk. Lisa and Ashlee, who basically told me I could do whatever I wanted. My mom, who is coming down here for my birthday in March. Raj, who told me about Pandora internet radio, although Raj is on the bubble because I'm a little miffed he didn't tell me about it before. (Check it out, it's awesome.) For the record, I'm still sticking by my RSAD (reverse seasonal affective disorder) because though I may not be in a funk anymore, 80 degrees in January still hacks me off.

If anyone is keeping track, I did not find a VeggieTales calendar this year. I am fairly confident, through my exhaustive (not really) internet research, that there isn't one this year. So I went to Barnes & Noble and got an M.C. Escher calendar for half off.

Another reason to love Starbucks: I got free coffee last night in return for a promise to bring the baristas rice krispie treats next week.

And here's a picture from Christmas - the first time my babies have played in the snow. Alaina and Jadyn are making snow angels, and Jared is just trying to get around.


3 comments:

Keith said...

Hey Amber. Sorry to hear that you couldn't find a VT calendar; I thought I might be able to help and came up spades as well. However, since you have a bunch of past VT calendars, you could always use the photos from those and create your own, personalized 2008 VeggieTales calendar. I don't know what you think about that whole thing, but Vista Print does it for only $7.99. Here is the link if you are interested. I hope you are well.

http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/desk_calendar_stock/multiproduct.aspx?mk=Photo+Calendars&ad=broad&gclid=CJfEmsnG7JACFQdEFQodLDBAWg&GP=1%2F10%2F2008+3%3A54%3A07+PM

Keith said...

Sorry, I noticed that the link I posted was entirely too long, so I utilized Tiny URL and shortened it; here it is again (sorry):

http://tiny.cc/Veggie995

Anonymous said...

don't bag on jared's snow playing skillz (yeah that's with a z). my boy is just chillin in the snow cuz he's so hooooood! either that or he was singing ''this is why i'm hot'' and got a little worked up and had to cool off in the snow. either way, if you don't know any of my hip hop references you aren't exposing your children to enough diversity and culture. love you :o)