Thursday, August 25, 2005

yummy

Try this - take a wheat tortilla, warm it up (on a griddle or in a toaster oven), spread some peanut butter on it (of course crunchy is best), and roll up a banana in it. Fantastic. If you're in need of a little mood enhancing, sprinkle some chocolate chips on the peanut butter before you roll up the banana. If the tortilla is warm enough, the peanut butter and chocolate chips will get a little bit gooey, which I don't need to tell you is delicious.

Sorry, absolutely no purpose to this post other than that's what I just had for breakfast (because we are out of milk and without the chocolate chips) while catching up on the late night blogging efforts (because some of us have children who got their penchant for early mornings NOT FROM ME!) Okay, better now. :)

5 comments:

aziner said...

I think few people realize the delightful versatility of a tortilla. Though, I still think the best thing to do with a banana is hide it under a bed in a hotel room in India. I sure hope someone found that before too long . . .

Amber said...

I hadn't thought about that in so long! That was the best inside joke ever. I wonder when someone found that thing. I'm also wondering if perhaps that was the first renegade thing we ever did that we didn't get in trouble for. . .

I do think that, with decent creative motivation, I could find a new way to eat a tortilla for a good week straight.

raj said...

as the inventor of the cold burrito, I applaud your tortilla diversification efforts. I've never had the chocolate chips version, but it sounds good. I'll have to make that for Stacie sometime.

I was telling someone the banana story the other day. I can't remember why. I think it was to explain where the first major victory in combatting parental tyranny was won.

Getting the early morning children has to be punishment for something. Though Stacie stayed with a family this summer whose kids didn't go to bed until 11pm. They never got up before 9am. Maybe it's just what you reap for maintaining any sort of authority in your home.

aziner said...

Hmm it has been quite some time since I've had a cold burrito. Reason #72 why you should come visit me. Because while I can pull off a dinner for 4-10 people, I certainly have no ability to make cold burritos on my own. ;)

raj said...

the cold burrito really is an art. abstract, perhaps, but still art.