Saturday, November 17, 2007

we're going to the beach, the beach, the beach

I can always tell when it's time for me to take a vacation because I very suddenly have no more ability to be productive. I also get impatient. The trouble is, actually taking a vacation is no longer very relaxing for me. So I've found myself embarking on mental vacations. I picked up a sudoku puzzle the other day and figuring out a system of solving those puzzles was interesting diversion for a couple of days. Then I busted out a book of logic puzzles. Doesn't sound much like a mental vacation? Well, it's a departure from the things I have to think about (or at least should be thinking about/doing).

You are witnesses; I am starting the trend. Here is the first "year in review" for 2007: 2007 was pretty much as stinky as 2006, in a whole new way. There were perhaps a few more good things in 2007 than there were in 2006, but there has certainly been just as much drama.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I agree- Sudoku and logic puzzles are the way to go!! I find it's relaxing because it allows my mind to work, but not on stressful things.

Hey I was reading this post on my blog reader, and I had just clicked to your blog and got up for a quick errand, so when I came back, I thought I was still looking at a blog from a stranger in Ohio, and I saw the picture from your prevous post, and I thought "wow....those people look EXACTLY like Amber's parents......."