Thursday, September 14, 2006

my head says it's fall

There comes a point every year when green leaves are offensive to me.

I don't know how the entire world became programmed this way, but everyone and everything starts to move into an autumn/back to school/get ready for winter kind of mode. My personal theory is that God created us to need a change every once in a while, and weather, as minor as it (usually) is, provides an external change that helps my mood.

I will blame it on my midwestern upbringing. This year, however, Starbucks must shoulder some of the blame for the audacity to bring back Pumpkin Spice Lattes when it is still mid-90s with high humidity here. Those things are simply incompatible.

So all of you in normal climates, appreciate pulling out the jeans and sweatshirts for the morning and evening coolness. Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte and have it actually mean something. Meanwhile, Alaina, Jadyn and I will still be pulling on our swimsuits and heading for the pool.

3 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

Finally! A new post!!!

Just pretend...

And why in the world would someone think we are programmed for change....insanity i say....complete and total insanity.

raj said...

I started wearing long sleeve shirts again this week (and pants) WITHOUT sweating to death. It was AWESOME!

If the above statement made you feel really horrible about your life, just remember . . . I may have seasons, but I live in my parents' basement.

Ashlee Liddell said...

Oh, I had temporarily forgotten about long sleeve shirts.....those are great, aren't they?!?!??!