Wednesday, April 12, 2006

benefits


As much as I know that I am supposed to be a stay-at-home mom, there are some days when you wonder if there really are benefits to staying home. But on other days, you know that it is the best job in the world because you get to be a kid with your kids.

Yesterday, we went strawberry picking, which was all kinds of fun and yielded some really great pictures as well as strawberries. It took Jadyn about 30 seconds to figure out how the system worked and start pulling berries off the plants and popping them in her mouth, leaves and all. Then we hung out for a few hours in the afternoon, at which point we decided to go to Chick-fil-A for dinner, which is Alaina's favorite place to eat. When we pulled up, we discovered that Bob and Larry were there! So we ate there (rather than going to a park or something) and Alaina got to dance around with and in general hang out with Bob and Larry.

I think I sometimes forget how simple life is when you're a child...it's nice to remember every once in a while.

3 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

I love that picture, but not nearly as much as I love those precious girls...

You are a fabulous mother. I know I don't tell you enough, but you really are. And even if you sometimes ponder the benefits, it never appears that way to me.

And I am pretty sure now would be an appropriate time to note that jadyn ran to me today (this makes it four times in a row!) and I pretty sure she is close to saying my name!

joser said...

After this week I would trade with you in a second.

raj said...

joey, I don't know what your week was like, but I can imagine that is a very dangerous offer (besides Amber hating math).